Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Carlos Zambrano thinking about The Mets

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070326cubsbits,1,5789313
.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

"With six days left to reach a contract extension before Opening Day,
Carlos Zambrano is discussing the possibility of wearing a New York Mets uniform next year."

"Asked by SI.com if he'd consider the New York Yankees, Zambrano said": "I like the Yankees, but I don't see myself pitching at Yankee Stadium. Too many rules. If I play in New York, it's going to be with the Mets. First of all, because I get to hit. And I love hitting. I can't say … that I would never play for the Yankees. Hopefully no, but you never know."

The article goes on to say how Zambrano wouldn't mind pitching for the White-Sox. But lets be serious the White-Sox can't even afford to bring back there own pitchers. They have made it clear they will not overpay in this market.

I would love to see Zambrano become a Met. He's a workhorse, an ACE. Everything we need right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick thought...
The Mets are going to lose Glavine next year and the Jury is still out on Pedro. Carlos Zambrano will get Zito like money and is a much better pitcher than Zito...

Anonymous said...

yea you are right he is a much better hitter than zito... plus he hits!!!! that would make our lineup that much better!

-tyler

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008