Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fox Sports #8 Prospect In MLB F-Mart

From Foxsports.com


"8. Fernando Martinez, CF, Mets

Age: 18
Acquired: Non-drafted free agent, 2005, Dominican Republic

Martinez was tremendous in his full-season debut, but he scuttled a bit after a promotion to High-A St. Lucie. Still, his performance was thoroughly impressive for a 17-year-old. On the field, he's impressive on a number of levels. He's got speed, a quick and level bat through the zone, good range in center and a polished approach overall. The only question is whether he'll develop the power. Considering his success against much older competition and his natural hitting skills, the power will probably come."


Now I'm a huge F-Mart fan and I can't wait for him to be on the Mets.. But calling him a #8 prospect based on "He Should" and "He Will" is wrong. I love F-Mart and I do believe that he will become a big time player, but until he shows something in the Minors that proves he will hit these 30+ homeruns, I just don't think he should be ranked higher then guys like Mike Pelfrey, Andrew Miller,Luke Hochevar, and Andy Laroche. I guess this is why I'm not a scout rating top prospects. But either is Dayn Perry (sorry I had to)



0 comments:

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008